Eating more fresh berries, including strawberries, is one of the easiest ways to add nutrients to our diet and give our health and beauty a boost. All fresh berries are naturally low in calories, fat, saturates and salt, and are free from added sugar and artificial ingredients.
- Strawberries contain more vitamin C than the equivalent weight of fresh oranges, and like most fruit and veg, they are low in calories, high in fibre and can help to boost our intake of antioxidants
- Just 7 strawberries (80g) provides your recommended daily amount of vitamin C
- Strawberries are an excellent source of vitamin K and manganese, as well as folic acid, potassium, riboflavin, vitamin B5, vitamin B6, copper, magnesium, and omega-3 fatty acids
- Strawberries contain significant levels of phytonutrients and antioxidants which help to fight free radicals (which can damage cells and are thought to contribute to the formation of many kinds of cancer). These antioxidant properties are believed to be linked to what makes the strawberry bright red
- Strawberries were historically used medicinally to help with digestive ailments, discoloured teeth and skin irritations